Unless you work in the HVAC industry, you probably don’t pay much attention to your ductwork. After all, you’ve got a lot going on in your life, and your air ducts might not seem all that important. As long as the heat and AC is dispersed throughout your home, who cares what’s going on with the ducts, right?
In fact, your air ducts are a crucial part of your home, which means you should be paying more attention to them, especially when it comes to air duct sealing in Weber County, UT. Continue reading to learn more about air duct sealing and why you should call to set up an appointment today.
Benefits of air duct sealing
Let’s start with the basics: why should you hire a professional to seal your air ducts? Though there are many benefits, here are a couple of the most common reasons why homeowners call us:
- Save money: It’s estimated that up to 30 percent of the air flowing through your ductwork leaks out due to holes and poorly connected ducts. All of that leaking air never makes it into your living spaces, even though you’re paying to keep your furnace or AC running. Having your ducts sealed will eliminate that wasted air and save you tons of money each month.
- Increase comfort: If air never makes it from your HVAC unit through the ductwork to your room, you’ll never enjoy the warm or cool air! You can keep yourself warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer by sealing your ducts as soon as possible.
- Decrease allergens: Over time, all air ducts will collect dust, mold and other contaminants. However, sealed ducts tend to experience less allergen buildup than ones that are unsealed. Everyone in your house will be happier and healthier living in an allergy-free environment.
Signs that your ducts should be sealed
You don’t need to be a duct expert to know that they should be well sealed. Below are a couple of the top signs that you should call an air duct professional to seal your ductwork:
- High heating and cooling bills: As mentioned above, holes in your air ducts lead to unnecessarily expensive energy bills each month. If you notice that your bills are steadily increasing, you may want to look into having your air ducts sealed. Though the service will cost a few hundred dollars, you might also save hundreds throughout the year on your heating and cooling bills.
- Rooms never seem to be comfortable: The purpose of air ducts is to ensure air is dispersed evenly throughout your home. If some rooms always seem to be warmer or colder than others, there’s probably a leak somewhere in your air ducts. A professional will be able to inspect your ductwork and tell for sure whether or not there’s a hole somewhere.
Don’t trust just anyone to seal your ducts—be sure to choose Fresh Ducts for reliable air duct sealing in Weber County, UT! Our wide range of services, friendly staff members and years of experience make us your go-to company for all of your air duct needs. Reach out to us today to learn more!