Good homeowners know that maintaining their air ducts is the key to a happy, healthy and energy-efficient house. One of the best maintenance techniques we provide is duct sealing. This post will cover all of the benefits of hiring our duct sealers in Weber County, UT to work on your air ducts:
- Ensure clean air: Mold, mildew and fungus are common contaminants in ducts around the world. These scary organisms thrive in damp, dark areas, and can pose a serious health risk for anyone with allergies. Thankfully, our Duct Armor product contains zinc, which inhibits organic matter growth. Nothing will be able to grow in your ducts after we seal them.
- Reduce odors: As you can imagine, those contaminants growing up in your ducts tend to produce a musty and unpleasant smell. This odor wafts throughout your home, creating a rather unappealing environment for everyone in your household. The best way to ensure your home is clean and odor free is to have your ducts sealed with Duct Armor today!
- Optimize comfort: Did you know that as much as 30 percent of the heat and AC produced by your HVAC system can be lost due to holes and gaps in your ductwork? That means rooms in your home will receive little to no airflow, creating a space that’s either too hot or too cold. Sealing your ducts keeps 100 percent of the air flowing through your home, so your comfort level should improve dramatically.
- Save money: Going along with the point above, air flowing out through holes or gaps in your ductwork basically means you’re throwing money down the drain. Though sealing your ducts isn’t always cheap, you’ll save each month on your heating and cooling bills.
Signs your ducts should be sealed
The good news is that knowing when to hire duct sealers in Weber County, UT isn’t a guessing game. If any of the points below apply to you, it’s likely time to have your ducts sealed:
- It’s never been done: The first sign that you need to call us is if your ducts have never been sealed. We believe duct sealing should be one of the first things homeowners do once they buy a new house.
- You have poor air quality: Do members of your family have problems breathing, or have a constant cough? They might not be sick, but instead have allergy issues due to mold growth up in your air ducts. Sealing them will eliminate all of those contaminants, leaving you with crisp and clean air.
- You’re losing money: As mentioned above, 20 to 30 percent of your air can slip through gaps in your ductwork, meaning it never flows through the vents in your home. This is a huge waste of money each month. You might save yourself hundreds of dollars throughout the year by having your ducts sealed today.
Summer is the perfect time of year to have your ducts sealed, so give us a call today to get a free estimate! At Fresh Ducts, our low prices and excellent customer service make us the number one duct sealers in Weber County, UT.