Are you concerned that there may be a problem with your air duct sealing in Weber County, UT? Your home should be your comfort zone, but it can be hard to relax when you are worried that there might be a leak in your ductwork.
Fortunately, these problems can always be fixed, and usually in a fairly quick and affordable manner. The first step to fixing the problem is recognizing the signs. Before looking into air duct inspections in Weber County, UT, ask yourself if you notice these telltale signs of an air duct leak in your home:
- Discomfort in your home: If your house feels stuffy even when you run the AC system, that could be a sign that you’re losing that fresh air through your ducts, and it is not getting to you. And if your home simply will not reach the desired temperature, no matter how much you run the AC or heater, then that is another sign that there might be a leak in your ductwork.
- Poor air quality: Do you find yourself sneezing and sniffling a lot, even when you are inside and the AC is running? If so, you might be dealing with a leaking air duct. If you happen to store paint thinner, pesticides or other chemicals in your garage or basement, fumes from those chemicals might be getting into your air supply through the faulty vent system as well.
- Dangerous backdrafting: Appliances like water heaters, dryers and gas furnaces all emit heat outside, to keep your home from getting dangerously overheated. But leaky vents can sometimes pull that hot air back into your home. This isn’t just a cause of discomfort or frustration—it can also be downright dangerous. If you suspect this is happening, don’t hesitate to get an air duct inspection in Weber County, UT.
- High bills: Have your energy bills shot up recently? A change of weather could be the cause, but it also might be the case that leaking vents have required your HVAC system to put in extra work to reach your desired temperature. If this is the case, a one-time payment for air duct sealing in Weber County, UT could save you a fortune on future energy bills.
- Excess dust: If you keep up on vacuuming and dusting, but it still seems like your house is always filled with dust, then the problem might not be with your cleaning habits. If your house seems excessively dusty, then consider getting a professional opinion on your air ducts.
Now that you know the most common signs of leaking air ducts, you can feel confident about calling an HVAC service to come inspect your duct system. We know it can sometimes be a pain to spend the time and money on an inspection, but once the problem gets fixed and your home feels comfortable and clean again, the benefits will likely feel more than worth the cost.
If you suspect you have a leaky vent system, call Fresh Ducts today!