It’s summertime, and it’s hot. That means you’re turning on the air conditioning again. But wait—what’s that odor coming from the vent? You think about it a little while, then go back to whatever you were doing before and forget about it.
The smell might be nothing, but then again, it could be a sign of a more serious problem. Either way, bringing in expert duct cleaners in Weber County, UT is a smart maintenance move to ensure that your AC keeps working whenever you need it. Let’s look at the potential causes of bad odors from ducts and what they might indicate:
- Garbage: If you smell something like rotting garbage, that probably means there’s an animal carcass in the vent. While this can potentially be dangerous, your first thought is likely that it’s just really gross! The smell is just going to get worse and worse if you don’t take care of it. Bring in the pros, who can remove the dead animal and thoroughly clean your vents.
- Tobacco smoke: If someone in your home smokes—or if someone in the home smoked in the past—you’re likely to get a blast of old cigarette smell every time you turn on your ventilation system. Cleaning the coil will resolve this problem.
- Feet: An odor like stinky feet isn’t something anyone wants in their home. This means that water has pooled in the ventilation system. Bringing in a duct cleaning service will remove the water and ensure that the system is in top-notch condition.
- Mold or mildew: This happens anytime there’s a collection of moisture in the system that doesn’t go away. This can be a long-term hazard to your health, because many people have allergies to mold. Be sure to bring in duct cleaners to rid your vents of this problem.
- Dangerous smells: A burning odor could mean that your ventilation system is malfunctioning and needs immediate attention. Sewage is typically linked to a backed up sewage line, which causes a whole host of other problems. A rotten egg smell should be taken very seriously—this may be a sign of a gas leak. Call the gas company first, then talk to your trusted HVAC pros.
Do you want to live more comfortably in your home while reducing heating and cooling costs? Then you want to hire the top professional duct cleaners in Weber County, UT: Fresh Ducts. Since 1993, we’ve been dedicated to helping the community breathe cleaner air and keep ventilation systems working smoothly. When you invest in duct cleaning with us, you can rest assured that our trained technicians will get the job done right the first time.
We’re the affordable choice to help protect your home against dangerous allergens like mold, mildew and dust. When you choose Fresh Ducts, you’ll get the best of both worlds: savings on your monthly bills and a more comfortable space to live in. Contact us today to learn more about our services and receive a free estimate!